Who can try out?
- Any participants age 18 or older (on the day of Tryouts), as long as either (i) you have graduated high school, or (ii) the class you would have graduated with has graduated.
Are there any costs?
- Yes, $175 per person in advance OR $200 on the day of the tryout. You can pay by credit/debit card via the links below or cashier’s check and money order by emailing email@example.com. All payments are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Note: registration paperwork will be sent via docusign within 1 business day
How can I sign up?
- Our website lakelandmagic.com
Do I need to sign a waiver?
- Yes, you will need to complete all three registration forms in order to participate in the tryout. They are the Local Player Tryout Registration Form, Player Release Eligibility Form, and the Medical Consent and Authorization Form. The forms will be sent to you to complete via Docusign within one business day after you register.
Can I register on the day of the Tryouts?
- Yes, but SPACE IS LIMITED. Spots will be limited to 100 participants and available on a first-come-first-serve basis. If we are sold out prior to the tryout, we will not have day-of registration available.
Will there be scouts there?
- Lakeland Magic coaching staff and basketball operations will be in attendance.
Do I need to stay all day?
- Once you have completed your on-court commitment, you are free to leave.
What happens after the Tryouts? When will I find out if I have been invited to training camp?
- The Lakeland Magic staff will notify players who were selected to receive the NBA G League contracts.
Will food be provided?
What can I bring into the facility? Do I need to bring my own towel, water, etc.?
- Water will be provided. Please bring anything else you need (i.e. towels, ankle brace, extra socks, energy bars).
Can my family and friends come to watch the Tryout?
- Tryouts will be closed and no guests may attend.
Will there be trainers or medical personnel on-site in case of injuries?
- Yes, there will be a trainer and medical services on-site.
Do I need an agent to participate?
- No, you do not.
What happens if I sign up and cannot attend? Will my money be refunded?
- No, the registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Will I be reimbursed for any travel costs?
- No, there will not be reimbursement for any travel costs. Thanks to Courtyard Marriott, Official Partner of Open Tryouts, you can book at a special $104/night rate online or by calling 863-802-9000 and asking for the Lakeland Magic Tryout Block Rate.
What do I need to bring to check-in? Do I need to bring an ID?
- Yes, you must have a valid photo ID to checkin.
Will there be any transportation to and from the event?
- No, you must arrange your own transportation.
Any additional questions, visit www.lakelandmagic.com